Weird. My last blog was almost a year ago to the day. Not being intentionally regular like that, I wanted to have a place to post a flow chart i'm making to organize my thoughts and my workouts so i can make some materials so i can do my workouts more smoothly and have references gathered from other sources without the fluff. My plan is to use a small blank recipe book i bought at Goodwill and to fill it with pictures of sequences of stretches and
calisthenic and strength workouts from Core Strength for Dummies by LaReine Chabut (CSfD hereafter) to supplement Light on Yoga by B.K.Iyengar, Yoga for Surfers I, II and III, The United States Navy SEAL Physical Fitness Guide (everything you could want to know about such a subject) and the Men's Health Total Body Workbook (all strength/weight/resistance).
My goal is to organize these things so workouts don't have to be so much about the information, so they can be more about working out, so I can have it all in one place. Then I can use Excel to keep track but to have something that is portable would be really nice. I just found this nifty little gadget today, would be nice to have traveling and such: http://www.trxtraining.com/products/trx-force-kit-tactical. I hear you can get the same benefits off of it as a full gym setup, just from some straps, but I want to investigate more before I buy.
My surf shack is up and well. I may have to buy a new trap for the top and I will definitely have to build a floor for it before the winter, but i built some racks for boards because, surprise, organization was lacking and getting in the way. I have a hard time knowing what to plan for, so I let things build up a little before I solve the problem.
I guess before it's a problem it's harder to spot but experience solves these types of things. But, more importantly, I've been fixing my boards and i have some to fix for some friends, so all's well. I could be busier with it, but I want to give myself space to just be, with direction, but regardless of expectation, so I can do my best and try to fit it all in with as much quality present as possible.
I shouldn't spend too much time on here, I need to get down to copying the contents of my ideas onto reality, starting with making pictures for these stretches and things, aloha!!!!
|
|
 | |
 | |
 | |
 | |
 |
|
| 
|
| Warm up 5-45 min.(run/bike/calisthenics) |
| 
|
| 
|
| 
|
| Calendar: keeping track of when the last time was, what you did, etc. |
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
| 
|
| bike, running shoes, jump rope |
| 
|
| 
|
| Exercise Schedule: workouts from different sources |
| 
|
| Excel, Datebook, wall calendar, need to have 1 thing and be consistent!!! |
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
| 
|
| Excel Sheet right now, red book? like, put them starting in the end of the book and work backward? |
| 
|
| Lists of workouts, what they benefit, |
| 
|
| Pictures of workouts, organized by source/workout and alphabetized within source category |
| 
|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
| Rear of book - workout lists: lists of sequences for workouts, so a person can look at these and if they don't know what it is, look at the pictures |
| 
|
| main sections include pictures, text for each exercise. stretches may be in sequence, CSfD alphabetized, USNS already organized |
| 
|
| Main Sections
YfSI-III
YfB
CSfD
USNSPFG
TRX |
| 
|
| 
|
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
| set rep and hold recommendations where applicable |
| 
|
| text includes directions, breath, benefits, potential hazards |
| 
|
| Stretches
YfSI,II,III
YfB |
| 
|
| Strength Workouts
CSfD
USNSPFG
MH |
| 
|
| Calisthenic Workouts
USNSPFG
TRX |
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment