Sunday, June 12, 2011

Farther and Further and Furthur

Some of my more important projects have been coming along and I'd like to post some of my progress.

Digital Camera
So I was lucky enough to be in the right place for my friend G to want to trade his old pocket digital camera cause he got a new one.  I've so far exchanged a 12 pack of Newcastle with some finer brews to be named later.  This is a tool that I intend to use to create a better presentation on this blog, for surfboard repair pictures, and general documentation.  I would like to get a scanner next to be able to share more fluidly my little art creations and ideas but the ideal is coming together slowly.

The camera is a Canon Powershot SD790is and so far I have been having a good time with it.














Surf Shack
I have all the materials for a 12ft x 16ft steel pipe and plastic tarp structure.  The only things holding me back from putting it up are:
1) Anchors (need to make/buy)
2) Tarps for sides and floor (need to buy)
3) Enough space for the damn thing (need to make)

 This is the area I will build the shack in.  I need to move the bike rack and take the small tree down, but it is comprised of suckers coming off a main trunk previously thought dead.  We have no shortage of trees and like to add them periodically to the yard so I don't feel too bad cutting this one down, although if I just butt the shack up against it, we would still lose the bike rack area.
This is the basic setup for the structural skeleton of the shack. I got the connectors at www.creativeshelters.com

 This is a steel frame awning that has been floating around the yard for a few years.  I have wanted to use it for a bike rack for awhile so this is my chance to turn some trash into some treasure.
And this is where the bike rack will go.  It doesn't need to be tall enough to block our views out of the windows and bikes can be packed pretty well into a space.  I need to see how much length I need to store about 10 bikes (my goal) but it's looking good so far.  I bought a Craftsman circular saw on Craigslist this morning so now I need to get down to measuring, planning, measure twice, cut up some spare wood we have in the yard, put in some screws, tarp it up to we have a little protection from the elements and voila.





 We'll see how it all turns out.  More to come, just though I'd share where I am.  Somehow it makes me feel better with moving forward.

Some more digital wizardry, from in town to The Rock! Peace! (It was a good surf)

No comments:

Post a Comment